Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Catching Up With Technology - Thing 7

While I never considered myself phobic when it comes to new technology, I realize that I have let much of it pass me by. I also came to the realization that it is not all me. Having the right tools can make it a lot easier to embrace the new technologies.
For instance, I have used a personal cell phone for over 6 years, but I have rarely used the texting feature. My teenage daughters, meanwhile, wear out the buttons on their phones from texting so much. Well, a few weeks ago, I got a new phone. It is so much easier to text on this model than it was on my old one. We also got a new plan which offers unlimited texting. Now I can text my daughters back. My oldest daughter introduced me to the "T9" mode of texting. Basically, your phone "guesses" the word you are entering and begins to fill in the next letter for you. (Oh, you already knew that?). This can be little tricky, but once you get it, you can save some time and typing. I am ahead of my youngest daughter on this one. She has never gotten the hang of or seen the need for this.
My next plan is to get some photos from my home pc to use for Thing 6. I jumped ahead to Thing 7 as I had no photos to play around with for the mashup exercise...Still plodding along.

No comments: