Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Thing 8 - RSS feeds

This is, so far, my favorite if not one of my more time-consuming exercises. I am listening, as I type, to the World Cafe which I used to listen to on WXPN in NJ when I was picking the kids up from school. I forgot how pleasant a show it is. I can see how having new items only fed to one site can be very useful both personally and professionally. I subscribed to Reader's Club: African-American which will send me book reviews. There were so many genres from which to choose, I decided to select only the one. I can then reach the site and select from any genre simply by clicking on the book title. I also selected NPR: Books as we often have patrons request books that were discussed on NPR and they do not have the exact title and/or author so this is a useful feed. Finally, I successfully shared my blogroll with the help of my coworker, E.B. Thanks Elizabeth!

1 comment:

IrmBrown said...

Hi... you're doing a great job. Keep it up! You'll be done before you know it. RSS is one of the best tools around ...