Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Thing 20 - YouTube

I have often viewed videos on YouTube, so I was already familiar with the site. I had never embedded a video clip in anything... email, blog, etc. After several false starts, I was actually able to post this video to my blog more easily than is described in the discovery exercise. I simply set up a YouTube account, added my blog, and when I found the video I wanted to include in my blog, I clicked on "Post." It was that simple. I did try adding comment to the post entry that contains the video clip after posting it. This seemed to delete the actual video, so I deleted that entry and re-posted.
I imagine the library could upload "how to" videos about services available at the library to YouTube and then link to these videos from the home page of the library's website. After enjoying some old commercials and domino videos, I searched on the term "library" and came up with multiple library videos. I liked this one because it reminds users of all the OpenSource software available.

No comments: